Monday, March 24, 2008

Beautiful place in Venezuela

Sometimes I remember the warm weather I used to have at home. I lived in the eastern coast of Venezuela, in a city called Puerto La Cruz. This city was founded 45 years ago next to the city of Barcelona, the capital of Anzoategui state.

My home had a beautiful ocean view and a private beach and swimming pool. We used to take the sun almost every weekend and enjoy the warm weather we had almost all year round. The average temperature is about 32C, and even during the rainy season, you can find some good sun to walk around the beach.

There is a little lighthouse we walked to with my dog. The breeze was clean, fresh and wonderful for relaxation. The view of the ocean, boats, kite surfers, sailboats, and birds was excellent.

The city is crowded during July and August, when students are on vacations and go to Puerto La Cruz to have some fun. A 2,5 hours trip in a ferry boat can take you to Margarita Island, another beautiful place Venezuela has. Excellent beaches, shopping and tourist places to visit are some of the options you will find in Margarita.

We are planning to go back to Puerto La Cruz during summer, to spend there two good and long vacation months. For sure we will practice some water sports and will visit our friends there.

It will be a chance and training to be prepare for next winter here in Calgary.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

I would really like to go to Venezuela but I have heard that it is so dangerous. What do you think? DO you think I would be okay if I went there?
anway, I am going to Peru in a couple of weeks so that should be good.

Margarita said...

Tania I like too Puerto La Cruz, 10 years ago I knew this city and two times every year I went to Puerto La Cruz, because the beach and the sunset is the best of the oriental place in Venezuela.

Anonymous said...

Wow that sound really good for keep back and relax. good for you.